Wednesday, October 16, 2002

Baby Girl

Baby Girl,

Many things have happened between us that made our road rough. Somehow, we have now taken our own different paths even if we promised once never to do so. Once in my life, I thought I could never live without you, without the “Us.” Losing you was indeed the hardest part of my life so far. You have taught me how to love unconditionally yet you also taught me what pain is all about.

You gave me so much anguish but I learned from it. Gained from it and lived through it. I have found myself again when I once thought I would forever be lost without your love. I do not hate you, for how can I ever detest you when I learned once to love you with no inhibitions and even loved you more than my life itself. Nor am I here to tell you that I no longer love you. For love never really disappears completely. Rather, it changes; its intensity grows or lessens. I guess it is my time to tell you that I still love you but not enough to be with you anymore.

Somehow, all the hurt and pain you gave me finally found its way to creep within me.

There is not a time that I do not miss you. Even silly things and places remind me of you. Of how we once were. But that can never be for now, maybe not ever again. I need to live my life as I want it to and you have to live yours as well. We can only look back from all the things that we have shared together. Smile upon the good memories, and be thankful for all the lessons learned no matter how hard and painful the process we went through.

The years we have been together gave us something to keep. Knowing that there is someone who understands who we truly are and accepts both the good and the bad was a gift for me. That is something that comes once in a lifetime. Thank you.

No comments: