Monday, October 14, 2002

An Ode To A Thorn Bird

“There is a legend about a bird
which sings just once in its life,
more sweetly than any other creature
on the face of the earth.
From the moment it leaves the nest
it searches for a thorn tree,
and does not rest until it has found one.
Then singing among the savage branches,
it impales itself upon the longest,
sharpest spine.
And, dying,
it rises above its own agony to out-carol the lark,
and the nightingale.
One superlative song,
existence the price.
But the whole world stills to listen,
and God in His heaven smiles.
For the best is only bought at the cost of great pain.”



Acknowledgments

Bheng
Thank you for imparting with us your knowledge.
Thank you for the friendship.
Who would have thought that we'd end up as great friends.

Kleng
Through sleepless nights and endless talks.
I may not say it often but you should know that I love you dear sister!

Mommy and Daddy
For believing in my capabilities and me.
I may not always be the ideal daughter,
but I never stopped being grateful that I am of your flesh and blood.

True Blue Friends
Coming into my life truly made a big difference.

Adrian
For serving as my personal jack-in-the-box.
I have not said this but I do love you in my own way.

Blueflame
I am just here. Need I say more? Let us keep crashing.
Crash into me... crash into me...crash into me...

Twisted Mind
For making me a human truly capable of emotions.
I have loved you for too long but I have been hurt far too much.
I have now crossed the Bridge of Sighs.

No comments: