Sunday, October 17, 2010

Something wicked this way comes


I do not know exactly when my love affair with the Disney Villains began. As far as I can remember, I have always been penchant to the other side of the characters in every Disney movie.

These "evil-doers" who would run things on their own rather than be like the princesses who would sit, sing and wait for the their prince to come charging just so things would happily end for them. To me, these villains were more interesting. More powerful, determined and cunning compared to the singing and dancing princesses. This may be twisted of me, but what the hell, my loyalty still lies with the villains up to this day.

Having declared my biased addiction to them, a few months ago, I heard about a cosmetic line (MAC specifically) would have a joint venture with Disney Villains, I was a bit excited and apprehensive. For one, I love (do I really need to reiterate this?!) the Disney Villains that the mere thought of them on anything - may it be on clothes, on my desktop, snow globes, stuffed toys, frames, hanging on my Christmas tree etc. makes me happy. On a darker note though is that I do not like wearing make-up as much as I used to many years back. So the thought of MAC cosmetics and Disney Villains combined, somehow made me unsure.

The uncertainty about the entire idea made me forget all the hoopla about it. It was only yesterday that I remembered and took the time to check how the MAC's limited edition turned out. As I read before, the cosmetic line was named MAC Venomous Villains Collection. Inspired by four Disney Villains namely: Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty), Cruella De Vil (101 Dalmatians), Evil Queen (Snow White) and Dr. Facilier (The Princess and the Frog).


Seeing their collection, I fell in love more if that is even possible. The limited edition cosmetic line consisted of beauty and blush powders, eye shadows, lipsticks, lip gloss, and even a compact mirror all of which are uniquely designed with iconic packaging you would want to keep forever.

Bad has definitely never looked this darn good.

Maleficent Set:
Cruella De Vil Set:
Evil Queen Set:
Dr. Facilier Set:
Price range is $15.00 - $25.00 tops. However there seems to be a shortage of the said Venomous Villains supply as most stores are now declaring that they are currently out of stock. So if you do find a MAC store which still has any of these beauties on display, I suggest you hoard them! After all, these are dazzlingly devilish that it's a sin not to have at least one!

No comments: