Monday, April 27, 2009

The brightest side of my birthday week!

After trips to the hospital, worrying what it was that was happening in my body, fearing that I may not be able to conceive one day, dreading the myoma's existence in me and everything unhappy that transpired in between, I was unaware that while these things were happening, two people cared enough to surprise me on my big day.

I found out that my younger sister and my beloved have been conspiring (yes conspiring!) as to what would my surprise be for my birthday. Thus, "Anything-you-want-day" was thought of and was given as a gift to me. I am pretty sure that I made it difficult for them to decide on something since I change my mind frequently. My cravings vary everyday that I later realized what a hiatus I have caused between my sister and my partner in trying to come up with a definite plan...

A trip to my fave restaurant, a bunch of my favorite leaves, buy anything I want and to top it all off, an ice cream cake that I have been planning to buy if I'll ever have some extra stash in my purse.

So my birthday came, after a trip in the hospital, my sister asked me to come and join her in Dairy Queen. Upon arriving there she went straight to the booth and talked with the friendly crew. Turned out, my cake was pre-ordered! I heard the crew say: "Ma'am Oasis po?" as it was handed to me, I didn't catch much of what was being said for I was deeply touched by what has been happening.





As I stood there, smiling like crazy, nodding as if I understood what the guy was instructing me with regards to my cake, all I could think of was despite the distance, she was still able to do all these things for me. It wasn't about the gifts nor the money spent. It were the thoughts put into actions, the planning, the time given to co-exist between time zones, all her efforts.



I don't know how else to thank you, for all the breathtakingly sweet things you have done and will still be doing for me. If you keep this up, I just might find ways just to give you that planet that you are asking for.

No comments: